About Social-Emotional Learning Products & Resources
Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) is the process by which children and adults understand and manage emotions; set and achieve positive goals; learn, observe and model empathy; establish and maintain positive relationships; and make responsible decisions. Learning to manage feelings, respond positively to stressful situations, and get along with others is a vital part of childhood development. hand2mind creates social-emotional learning resources for teachers so they can bring highly interactive, hands-on tools to the classroom.
hand2mind Has Something For Every Aspect of Social-Emotional Learning
Social-emotional learning products like our See My Feelings Mirror help kids develop social awareness skills, by helping them recognize emotions in others, as well as themselves.
Mindful Mazes help kids grow their own self awareness by working on breathing exercise for different situations.
As your little ones work through their adventures through school, they can work on ways to build their relationship skills, like with the Learn About Feelings Activity Set!
Social-Emotional Learning Products
- ColorMix Sensory Tubes$28.99Item: 93386
- Item: 93385
- Sensory Fidget Toy Kit$29.99Item: 93599
- Item: 91293
- Item: 94687
- Item: 94719
- Item: 94718
- Item: 94734
- Item: 94702
- Super Selves! Reward Capes$39.99Item: 93292
- Learn-A-Lot Avocados$16.99Item: 93296
- Item: 67253
- Let's Talk! Cubes$12.99Item: 93291
- Item: 92868
Supplemental Curriculum & Social-Emotional Learning Resources
Daily Math Fluency
Differentiated Math Centers
hand2mind Enables Social-Emotional Learning
- Frequent opportunities to practice skills and concepts build confidence.
- Regularly engage with parents and families and find ways to bring them into your activities and projects.
- Help students identify verbal and nonverbal cues and display those cues for reference.
- Integrate opportunities for self-evaluation.
- Acknowledge issues and work to address them with students.
- Allow students to self-evaluate through regular journaling prompts.
- Set personal goals.
- Regularly use estimations and prediction to help students gauge his or her ability to complete a task.
- Centers foster collaboration and help build relationships among students.
- Activities create opportunities for flexible grouping and seating in classrooms.
- Develop a "Classroom Culture" chart with students that establishes ways to communicate, listen to others, apologize, share, etc.
- Pair confident students with those that are shy. Pair introverted students with extroverted students and provide opportunities to work with different partners.
- Encourage student-centered learning and choice by offering a variety of activity options.
- Provide students with checklists and rubrics for projects to encourage student ownership of work.
- Offer a variety of options for activities and assignments so students have the power to choose how they wish to complete.
Social-Emotional Learning in 50 States
Click on States for additional external link
♦Preschool SEL standards only.
♦Preschool and early elementary SEL standards.
♦Preschool and K-12 SEL standards.