Students explore and design different prototypes that will be used to display silly straws. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to design and build a prototype, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
STEM in Action is endorsed as Accomplished in the national STEMworks database.
- Total of 90-180 minutes of instruction time broken into 20-30 minute blocks
- All materials included for a collaborative classroom activity
- Aligned and written to standards
- Digital content
- Student Activity Books (6)
- Teacher guide with blackline masters
- Silly Straws
- Aluminum foil, felt, index cards, string
- Craft sticks, straws, pipe cleaners
- School glue, masking tape, and sticky notes
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
If you are purchasing STEM in Action in the following countries: UK, Ireland, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Turkey, Italy, India, Australia, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Malaysia, Netherlands, Oman, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, and the UAE please visit https://www.learningresources.co.uk to place your order.
STEM in Action® Silly Straw Challenge, Introductory Module
|Brand||Hands-On Standards® STEM in Action|
|Area of Focus: ||Science|
|Product Type||Kits & Centers (Science)|