Students explore slopes and surfaces as they are challenged to build a ramp that allows Ron, a skateboarding armadillo, to go far—but not too far. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to build a ramp, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
STEM in Action is endorsed as Accomplished in the national STEMworks database.
- Provides teachers with modular 10-20 minute blocks of instruction
- Total of 70-80 minutes of total instruction time
- All materials included for a collaborative classroom activity
- Aligned and written to standards
- Helpful how to video and animated student video
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD! SMALL PARTS. (1) Not for < 3 yrs.
- 4 Activity Cards and a Teacher Quick Start Card
- Ron's Story Poster
- 4 class sets of home connection blackline masters
- Ron the armadillo with helmet
- Skateboard ramp
- 3 Surfaces
- Graphing mat
- 400 Color tiles
- Blackline masters
- Digital content
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
If you are purchasing STEM in Action in the following countries: UK, Ireland, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Turkey, Italy, India, Australia, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Malaysia, Netherlands, Oman, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, and the UAE please visit https://www.learningresources.co.uk to place your order.
STEM in Action® Ron's Ramp Adventure
|Brand||Hands-On Standards® STEM in Action|
|Area of Focus: ||Science|
|Product Type||Kits & Centers (Science)|
|Item #||IN79610||Availability:||Usually Ships in Two Weeks|