STEM in Action® Ron's Habitat Adventure
Students explore habitats and what animals need to survive. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to design a patch to help an injured turtle survive, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action
STEM in Action is endorsed as Accomplished in the national STEMworks database.
- Provides teachers with 10–20 minutes of instruction
- Total of 70–80 minutes of total instruction time
- All materials needed for a collaborative classroom activity
- Aligned and written to standards
- Helpful how to video and animated student video
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
- 4 Activity Cards and a Teacher Quick Start Card
- 4 class sets of home connection blackline masters masters
- Ron's Habitat Story Poster
- Ron the armadillo stuffed toy
- Plastic toy turtle
- Food Chain Cards
- Plastic cups
- Plastic droppers
- Turtle shells (frisbee)
- gauze pads, 2"
- Glue sticks, .28 oz
- Tote tray
|Grade Level||PreK, K|