Aligned and written to standards
Helpful how-to video
Students explore weather-related hazards and materials that can withstand severe weather. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to design a system to protect farm crops, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
STEM in Action is endorsed as Accomplished in the national STEMworks database.
- Total of 90-180 minutes of instruction time broken into 20-30 minute blocks
- All materials for up to 30 students to participate in a collaborative activity
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD! SMALL PARTS. (1) Not for < 3 yrs.
- Student Activity Books (6)
- Teacher Guide with blackline masters
- Testing basket
- Miniature trees
- Styrofoam trays
- Modeling clay
- Index cards
- Salt packets
- Craft sticks
- Plastic straws
- Pipe cleaners
- Agricultural hail guard
- Netting/tulle (3 sizes)
- Measuring cup
- Plastic cups, rubber bands, masking tape, and binder clips
- Measuring tablespoons
- Magnets, rectangle and circle
- Helpful how-to video
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
STEM in Action® Farmer Grady's Challenge
|Brand||Hands-On Standards® STEM in Action|
|Area of Focus: ||Science|
|Product Type||Kits & Centers (Science)|