STEM Bins™ Essential Kit, Set of 12 STEM Bins
Developed by Brooke Brown—a National Board Certified Teacher, public speaker, and teacher resources developer who specializes in all things STEM and literacy—this hands-on STEM solution is a creative and developmentally appropriate form of engineering for elementary students. The STEM Bins™ Essentials Kit contains a 16-page Teacher Guide with teacher questions and prompts and blackline masters including a blueprint recording sheet, foldable recording booklets, and writing templates; picture task cards; upper-grade written task cards; 8 challenge yourself cards; 8 writing prompt cards; a wide variety of consumable and non-consumable products; and 12 labeled storage bins. STEM Bins align to Science and Engineering Standards.
NOTE: Some assembly required
WHAT TO TEACH
- Think divergently, inventively, and imaginatively
- Solve a problem with specified constraints
- Build creative design skills
- Apply structures to real-world designs
- Construct a variety of two-dimensional shapes, three-dimensional shapes, lines, and angles using basic geometry
- Examine multiple perspectives in visual arts
- Build fine motor skills
- Hands-on solutions for STEM centers, early finishers, morning work, centers, fine motor practice, indoor recess, and positive reinforcement of behavior
- 18 different manipulatives to use with open-ended STEM activities
- 8 Challenge Yourself Cards that take structures to the next level, allowing students to improve and enhance their structures
- 8 Writing Prompt Cards that allow for literacy extensions
- Teacher Guide with questions and prompts
Teacher Guide & Blackline Masters
Contains Questions and Prompts, My STEM Bins Blueprints sheet, Foldable Recording Booklets, Build, Draw, and Write sheets, STEM Bins Response sheets and blackline masters.
Storage Bins & Labels
12 storage bins and labels that make it easy to know what is inside each STEM Bin. BONUS labels are included if you would like to extend your STEM Bin collection.
Designed to inspire and challenge students. 3 sets of Task Cards: 24 Picture Task Cards, 6 Three-Dimensional Shapes Task Cards, and 12 Upper-Grades Task Cards.
18 manipulatives to use with open-ended STEM activities.
RESOURCESGetting Started with STEM Bins Tips & Tricks
Some materials included will have extra quantities intended for the purpose of replenishment.
NOTE: Some assembly required
- 12 Plastic Bins
- 100 Base Ten Blocks Units
- 50 Base Ten Blocks Rods
- 10 Base Ten Blocks Flats
- 55 Dominoes
- 100 Pattern Blocks
- 100 Linking Cubes
- 100 Pipe Cleaners
- 50 Craft Sticks
- 96 Hook and Loop Fasteners of each
- 100 3" x 5" Index cards
- 100 4" x 6" Index cards
- 2 Tape Dispensers with Tape
- 4 3-oz Play-Doh
- 500 Toothpicks
- 481-in. Foam Balls
- 15 Cardboard Tubes
- 50 Mini Cups
- 125 Straws
- Writing Prompt Cards
- Challenge Cards
- Tasks Cards
- Teacher Guide
|Grade Level||K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5|