Explore the world of biology and perform your own experiments! Discover what it’s like to be a wildlife biologist or veterinarian. Use the included lab tools to dissect real owl pellets and turn your home into your very own science.
STEM at play kits bring science concepts to life through hands-on activities designed to spark interest, inspire confidence, prompt creative critical-thinking skills while fostering collaboration between children and adults. STEM at play kits provide materials to support scholastic goals while keeping at-home learning fun.
- 10 Activities include
- Work and learn through purposeful science-based play
- Exploring scientific principles
- Dissecting an owl pellet
- Identifying animal bones, such as rodents, shrews, moles, and birds
- Assembling REAL animal skeletons
- Conducting an experiment to turn hard bones into rubbery bones ...and more!
- Owl pellets
- Forceps (tweezers)
- Wooden probe
- Magnifying glass
- Dissecting tray
NOTE: You may also need to gather additional household materials for some of the experiments.
- Index cards
- Marker or pen
- Two small jars with lids
- Carbonated soda (e.g., Coke)
- A sheet of paper
- Pencil or pen
|Area of Focus: ||Science|
|Product Type||Life Science(Science)|