Explore the world of biology and perform your own experiments! Discover what it’s like to be a wildlife biologist or veterinarian. Use the included lab tools to dissect real owl pellets and turn your home into your very own bio lab.
STEM at Play® kits bring science concepts to life through hands-on activities designed to spark interest, inspire confidence, and prompt creative critical-thinking skills while fostering collaboration between children and adults. STEM at play kits provide materials to support scholastic goals while keeping at-home learning fun.
- 10 Activities included
- Work and learn through purposeful science-based play
- Explore scientific principles
- Dissecting an owl pellet
- Identifying animal bones, such as rodents, shrews, moles and birds
- Assembling REAL animal skeletons
- Conducting an experiment to turn hard bones into rubbery bones ...and more!
- 3 owl pellets
- Forceps (tweezers)
- Wooden probe
- Magnifying glass
- Dissecting tray
NOTE: You may also need to gather additional household materials for some of the experiments.
- Index cards
- Marker or pen
- Two small jars with lids
- Carbonated soda (e.g., cola)
- A sheet of paper
- Pencil or pen
|Area of Focus: ||Science|
|Product Type||Life Science(Science)|