Explore the science behind polymer chemistry and become an expert in all things slimy. The fact-filled lab guide is chock-full of pictures and information needed for hours of experimentation in your own home laboratory.
STEM at play kits bring science concepts to life through hands-on activities designed to spark interest, inspire confidence, prompt creative critical-thinking skills while fostering collaboration between children and adults. STEM at play kits provide materials to support scholastic goals while keeping at-home learning fun.
- 14 experiments included
- Work and learn through purposeful science-based play
- Exploring scientific principles
- Making colored worms
- Mixing up homemade play dough
- Creating and catching invisible worms
- Shooting a basket with a bouncing ball that you make and more!
- 36-page Career and Lab Guide
- Protective goggles
- Latex gloves
- Test tubes with lids
- Large measuring cups
- Small measuring cups with lids
- Plastic tubs
- Wooden spatulas
- Plastic spatula
- Plastic bags with zip tops
- Bottle for sodium alginate solution
- Calcium chloride
- Green food coloring
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Sodium alginate
- Guar gum
NOTE: You may also need to gather additional household materials for some of the experiments.
- Cake Flour
|Area of Focus: ||Science|