Rekenrek 100-Bead Wood, Individual Student Counting Frame
Rekenreks, also known as arithmetic racks or calculating frames, are ideal for building number sense in students. The Rekenrek gives children a concrete, physical object to help develop and deepen their understanding of numbers. Students build a strong sense of 5 and 10, learning about the relationships among numbers and operations along the way. Rekenrek measures 13" x 10" x 2-1/2"
- Sturdy, wooden frame
- 10 rows of 10 beads each
- First 5 rows have 5 red beads and 5 white beads
- Last 5 rows have 5 white beads and 5 red beads
WHAT TO TEACH
- Subitizing: Color coded beads help students identify numbers without counting.
- Numbers to One Hundred: Color coded beads change half way to represent half way to one hundred or 50 beads.
- Composing & Decomposing Numbers: Make and break values to five and ten.
- Addition & Subtraction Strategies: Doubles strategies, near five, near ten, counting on.
- 100-bead rekenrek
|Grade Level||K, 1, 2, 3, 4|