Rekenrek 100-Bead Wood, Class Set of 25 with Demo Frame
Rekenreks are ideal for building number sense because they provide students with a concrete, physical object to help develop and deepen their understanding of numbers. Students build a strong sense of 5 and 10, learning about the relationships among numbers and operations along the way. This 100-bead version has ten rows of ten beads each; five red beads and five white beads. This allows students to explore problems involving larger numbers.
WHAT TO TEACH
- Subitizing: Color coded beads help students identify numbers without counting.
- Numbers to One Hundred: Color coded beads change half way to represent half way to one hundred or 50 beads.
- Composing & Decomposing Numbers: Make and break values to five and ten.
- Addition & Subtraction Strategies: Doubles strategies, near five, near ten, counting on.
- 25 Student 100-bead rekenrek frames
- 1 Teacher Demonstration frame
- FREE 12-month Virtual Manipulative
|Grade Level||K, 1, 2, 3, 4|
|Dimensions(L x W x H)||34" x 14" x 18"|