Make fractions instruction visual and easy to understand with Demo Magnetic Fraction Circles with Rings. Depth of understanding of fraction operations and concepts is built through concrete representations of the fractions, which is essential for mastery of fractions. This teaching aid is easy for the teacher to manipulate and it enhances both whole group and small group instruction.
Explore fractions and show fractional equivalence. One-sided, 9 color coded, 12” plastic circles divided into halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, eighths, tenths, twelfths, and one whole. Measurement rings are marked with degrees, fractions, decimals, percents, and time.
- Visually show your students fraction equivalences and teach them how to compare and construct fractions
- 9 colors represent 9 values of fractions
- Color-coded tiles represent — whole, halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, eighths, tenths, and twelfths
WHAT TO TEACH
- Name fractions - Get students familiar with how fractions are named and with the terms numerator and denominator
- Relate fractions to a whole unit - Exploring and naming the number of fractions needed to create a whole circle
- Comparing and Ordering Fractions - Student can explore less than and greater than by comparing relative size of the circle
- Show equivalent fractions - Recognize and create equivalent fractions
- Improper fractions and mixed numbers - Explore improper fractions and mixed numbers
- Model different operations involving fractions - Explore fraction operations by finding 1/2 of a given fraction circle piece and much more
FREE SAMPLE LESSONS
Hands-On Standards Fractions : Add Unlike Fractions View Sample Lesson