Plastic Cuisenaire® Rods Introductory Set, Set of 74
Cuisenaire Rods help students relate abstract ideas about numbers and shapes to something students can see and touch. They make mathematical ideas easier to internalize and frequently allow students to understand and solve problems they might not otherwise be able to solve. Provide endless opportunities to introduce, investigate, and reinforce key math topics such as addition, subtraction, geometry, measurement, multiplication, and division.
- Great for exploring whole numbers, fractions, measurement, ratio, area, perimeter, symmetry, congruence, three-dimensional geometry, patterns, and functions.
- Cuisenaire Rods come in 10 colors — white, red, green, purple, yellow, dark green, black, brown, blue, and orange
- Each color and rod corresponding to a specific length from 1 centimeter to 10 centimeters — orange-10 cm, blue-9 cm, brown-8 cm, black-7 cm, dark green-6 cm, yellow-5 cm, purple-4 cm, green-3 cm, red-2 cm, white-1 cm
- Plastic rods are easy to clean and store
WHAT TO TEACH
Counting - Add a small quantity to a large quantity.
Addition and Subtraction - Introduce students to addition and subtraction through additive reasoning.
Multiplication and Division - Explore multiplication and division through multiplicative reasoning.
Fractions - Understand and explore equivalent fractions, compare fractions, common denominator, and add/subtract fractions.
Geometry and Measurement - Explore spatial relationships by making flat designs or by stacking them to make three-dimensional designs.
RESOURCESLearning About... Cuisenaire Rods
FREE SAMPLE LESSONSMath Tasks Cuisenaire Rods Grades K-2: Challenge Match View Sample Lesson
Math Tasks Cuisenaire Rods Grades 3-5: Rod Stamping View Sample Lesson
Math Tasks Cuisenaire Rods: Growing Every Day View Sample Lesson
- Set of 74 Plastic Cuisenaire Rods
- 4 orange
- 4 blue
- 4 brown
- 4 black
- 4 dark green
- 4 yellow
- 6 purple
- 10 green
- 12 red
- 22 white
- Organizing tray
|Grade Level||K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|