This resource guide provides teachers with easy-to-access ways to help children "visualize mathematics" to deliver meaningful, authentic learning. Each lesson defines the specific concepts and skills that children will be taught and includes step-by-step procedures for children to use in solving a problem that easily links math to their day-to-day lives. Full color photographs highlight the steps used in hands-on learning. To reinforce learning, each lesson provides additional ways to practice the concepts.
- Model and evaluate algebraic expressions
- Understand the meaning of square root
- Solve one-step equations using addition, subtraction, division
- Solve proportions/unit rates
- Graph a line using slope-intercept form
- Represent polynomials using models
- Factor using the distributive property
- Solve quadratic equations by completing the square
- And more!
- Easy-to-follow, standards-based lessons
- Math concept discussions that provide background and help to reinforce teachers' content style
- Lessons building from the concrete to the abstract that appeal to students' diverse learning styles
- Includes blackline masters
- CD-ROM with bonus content-additional blackline masters featuring workmats and recording sheets, math graphic organizers, research on manipulatives in mathematics instruction, and more!
- 1 Teacher Resource Guide
- 1 Assessments Book
|Brand||Hands-On Standards® Deluxe Edition|
|Area of Focus: ||Math|
|Item #||INP76810SM||Availability:|| |