Hands-On Standards® Math Mini Lessons, Grade 2
Hands-On Standards Math Mini-Lessons is an easy-to-use reference manual for teachers who want to help students discover the meaning in mathematics. Each of the manual’s 42 lessons demonstrates a hands-on exploration using manipulatives. The goal is to help students get physical sense of a problem–to help students get their hands on the concepts they need to know and to help them “see” the meaning in mathematics.
- 42 grade-specific, standards-aligned lesson plans.
- Each lesson includes a reproducible, student-facing activity page to extend the learning.
- Use the Formative Assessment question to evaluate students’ understanding of the lesson.
- English Language support provided for each lesson
This book is divided into four sections– Number and Operations (23 lessons), Measurement (12 lessons), Data (3 lessons), and Geometry (4 lessons).
Each lesson uses one or more of the following manipulatives. Small Group and Classroom Manipulative Kits are available (sold separately).
- Base Ten Blocks
- Coin Tiles
- Color Tiles
- Cuisenaire® Rods
- Inchworms™ Ruler
- Mini Relational GeoSolids®
- NumberLine Clock®
- Two-Color Counters
- 1 book
|Dimensions(L x W x H)||12.8" x 10.8" x 10"|