Hands-On Standards® Math Intervention: Fractions, Grade 4
Hands-On Standards Intervention is an easy-to-use reference manual for teachers who want to help students discover the meaning in mathematics. Each of the manual's 20 lessons demonstrates a hands-on exploration using manipulatives. The goal is to help students get physical sense of a problem—to help students get their hands on the concepts they need to know and to help them "see" the meaning in mathematics.
- Teacher Guide includes 20 lesson plans with EL support.
- Each lesson includes reproducible, student-facing activity page to extend the learning after the intervention lesson.
- Progress monitoring tool and assessments allow teachers to track each student's progress.
This book is divided into four sections: Equivalent Fractions and Decimals (5 lessons), Compare and Order Fractions and Decimals (4 lessons), Add and Subtract Fractions (7 lessons), and Multiply Fractions (4 lessons).
Each lesson uses one or more of the following manipulatives. Small Group and Classroom Manipulative Kits are available (sold separately).
- Base Ten Blocks
- Cuisenaire® Rods
- Fraction Number Lines
- Rainbow Fraction® Circles
- Rainbow Fraction® Squares
- Rainbow Fraction® Tower Equivalency Cubes
- 1 book
|Dimensions(L x W x H)||9.5" x 0.5" x 11.25"|