Developed by Reagan Tunstall, a nationally-recognized speaker on guided math, this essential classroom resource has everything you need to successfully plan, organize, implement, and manage Guided Math. This Third Grade unit kit contains detailed and differentiated lesson plans, activities, games, and cards for your Guided Math whole group and small group lessons! This is Unit 8 out of 9 units for Third Grade. It includes 19 detailed whole group lessons, small group lessons with activities, as well as an end-of-unit assessment.
The standards covered in Unit 8 are: focuses on exploring different types of graphs: frequency table, dot plot, bar graph, and pictograph. Students learn how to read and interpret the the graphs. Student also explore personal finance. Several new terms (income, credit, interest, scarcity, etc.) are introduced. Each term is presented along with real-world examples to analyze and solve. Students are presented with decisions that come with earning an
income, planning for expenses, and saving for the future.
- 19 detailed whole group lessons, small group lessons with activities
- 1 end-of-unit assessment
- Teacher guide activities that model concrete representations of abstract mathematical concepts
- Easy-to-use resources that offer classroom–tested lesson plans targeting the big ideas of math
- 19 differentiated whole and small group lessons per unit
- Blackline masters
- 1 unit assessment
- 15 Card Sets per unit to easily manage small group instruction
- No printing, cutting, laminating, or sorting
- Conveniently stored in labeled lesson bags
- Teacher Guide and Card Sets all stored in a durable, stackable tote
SUGGESTED MANIPULATIVES TO USE WITH THIS KIT
Dry erase boards make fantastic tools and can be used for graphing exercises, data collection, and much more.
Graphing paper in 1" grids. Sheets measure 11" x 8-1/2".
Excellent for teachin your students money concepts.
Simulate real money transactions in your classroom with this set of realistic, life-like bills.
FREE SAMPLE LESSONS
Guided Math: Unit 8, Lesson 5 View Sample Lesson