Developed by Reagan Tunstall, a nationally-recognized speaker on guided math, this essential classroom resource has everything you need to successfully plan, organize, implement, and manage Guided Math. This Third Grade unit kit contains detailed and differentiated lesson plans, activities, games, and cards for your Guided Math whole group and small group lessons! This is Unit 7 out of 9 units for Third Grade. It includes 19 detailed whole group lessons, small group lessons with activities, as well as an end-of-unit assessment.
The standards covered in Unit 7 are: focuses on exploring 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional shapes. Students are first exposed to vocabulary terms and then incorporate their vocabulary to correctly identify and describe shapes. The unit also hones in on “special quadrilaterals,” teaching students how to differentiate among the quadrilaterals and what makes each one special.
- 19 detailed whole group lessons, small group lessons with activities
- 1 end-of-unit assessment
- Teacher guide activities that model concrete representations of abstract mathematical concepts
- Easy-to-use resources that offer classroom–tested lesson plans targeting the big ideas of math
- 19 differentiated whole and small group lessons per unit
- Blackline masters
- 1 unit assessment
- 13 Card Sets per unit to easily manage small group instruction
- No printing, cutting, laminating, or sorting
- Conveniently stored in labeled lesson bags
- Teacher Guide and Card Sets all stored in a durable, stackable tote
SUGGESTED MANIPULATIVES TO USE WITH THIS KIT
Explore and analyze geometric shapes, dimensions, and spatial relationships.
Great for showing relationships between surface area, volume, and shape.
Excellent tool for teaching geometric shapes, congruence, similarity, symmetry, area, and beginning transformational geometry.
FREE SAMPLE LESSONS
Guided Math: Unit 7, Lesson 3 View Sample Lesson