Developed by Reagan Tunstall, a nationally-recognized speaker on guided math, this essential classroom resource has everything you need to successfully plan, organize, implement, and manage Guided Math. This Third Grade unit kit contains detailed and differentiated lesson plans, activities, games, and cards for your Guided Math whole group and small group lessons! This is Unit 6 out of 9 units for Third Grade. It includes 19 detailed whole group lessons, small group lessons with activities, as well as an end-of-unit assessment.
The standards covered in Unit 6 are: focuses on measurement, elapsed time, and area and perimeter. The measurement component of this unit explores the customary and metric units of capacity, weight, mass and length as well as how to measure figures using a ruler. The concepts of area and perimeter are taught and the process of how to dissect irregular figures is introduced. Finally, the elapsed time concept is introduced after reviewing telling time. Three strategies are taught to help students grasp the process of
solving for elapsed time.
- 19 detailed whole group lessons, small group lessons with activities
- 1 end-of-unit assessment
- Teacher guide activities that model concrete representations of abstract mathematical concepts
- Easy-to-use resources that offer classroom–tested lesson plans targeting the big ideas of math
- 19 differentiated whole and small group lessons per unit
- Blackline masters
- 1 unit assessment
- 17 Card Sets per unit to easily manage small group instruction
- No printing, cutting, laminating, or sorting
- Conveniently stored in labeled lesson bags
- Teacher Guide and Card Sets all stored in a durable, stackable tote
SUGGESTED MANIPULATIVES TO USE WITH THIS KIT
Color tiles are 1" squares that come in 4 colors - red, blue, yellow, and green. Set of 400.
Geared mini-clocks capture students' interested in time-telling. Each measures 4".
Shatter-resistant rulers, scaled 1/16" on one side and cm and mm on the other.
Dual-dial platform scale displays both metric and standard measurements.
FREE SAMPLE LESSONS
Guided Math: Unit 6, Lesson 2 View Sample Lesson