Developed by Reagan Tunstall, a nationally-recognized speaker on guided math, this essential classroom resource has everything you need to successfully plan, organize, implement, and manage Guided Math. This Third Grade unit kit contains detailed and differentiated lesson plans, activities, games, and cards for your Guided Math whole group and small group lessons! This is Unit 1 out of 9 units for Third Grade. It includes 19 detailed whole group lessons, small group lessons with activities, as well as an end-of-unit assessment.
The standards covered in Unit 1 are: place value up to the hundred thousands (999,999), ways to name numbers, comparing and ordering numbers, rounding, estimation, and solve word problems. With Guided Math, students develop a deep conceptual understanding of math, acquire computational fluency, and become skilled in thinking and acting mathematically.
- 19 detailed whole group lessons, small group lessons with activities
- 1 end-of-unit assessment
- Teacher guide activities that model concrete representations of abstract mathematical concepts
- Easy-to-use resources that offer classroom–tested lesson plans targeting the big ideas of math
- 19 differentiated whole and small group lessons per unit
- Blackline masters
- 1 unit assessment
- 13 Card Sets per unit to easily manage small group instruction
- No printing, cutting, laminating, or sorting
- Conveniently stored in labeled lesson bags
- Teacher Guide and Card Sets all stored in a durable, stackable tote
SUGGESTED MANIPULATIVES TO USE WITH THIS KIT
Base Ten Blocks
Color coded for better understanding to clearly differentiate values.
Open Number Line
A visual representation for recording and sharing additive strategies. Measures 18" x 3-1/2".
FREE SAMPLE LESSONS
Guided Math: Unit 1, Lesson 15 View Sample Lesson