Pattern Blocks are great for students to explore and analyze geometric shapes, dimensions, and spatial relationships. Elementary students can use blocks for shape recognition, shape matching, and spatial relations. Older students can explore fractions, geometry, and symmetry. Pattern Blocks measure 1-cm thick.
- Explore and analyze geometric shapes, dimensions, and spatial relationships with these multicolored blocks
- Sort by color, group by shapes, create patterns and get artistic with the variety of colors and shapes
- Great for individual one-on-one use, in pairs, or in small group centers
- Pattern Blocks come in 6 shapes - trapezoids, triangles, parallelograms, rhombuses, hexagons, and squares
- Soft, durable, and quiet foam material
WHAT TO TEACH
- Sorting - Sorting Pattern Blocks by color and shape.
- Patterns - Exploring, identifying, creating, and continuing patterns.
- Pattern Block Relationship - Exploring and identifying the relationship of the size and shape of blocks.
- Pattern Block Fraction - Exploring the concept of halves, thirds, fourths.
- Identifying Numerator and Denominator - Review of fraction concept. Students will uncover concept and meaning of the numerator and denominator.
Learning About... Pattern Blocks
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD! Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.