Differentiated Literacy Center Grade K
- Quick prep makes daily use easy.
- 10-minute activities are perfect for small-group rotations.
- Hands-on materials boost student engagement and interest.
WHAT TO TEACHLetters, Sounds and Words:
- Recognizing Rhyming Words
- Identifying Beginning Consonant Sounds
- Identifying Ending Consonant Sounds
- Making New Words
- Matching Sounds to Letters
- Identifying Long and Short Vowels
- Decoding High-Frequency Words
- Answering Questions About the Story (fiction)
- Retelling the Story (fiction)
- Identify Elements in a Story (fiction)
- Characteristics of Familiar Stories
- Answering Questions About the Text (nonfiction)
- Finding the Main Topic (nonfiction)
- Finding Key Ideas in Illustrations (nonfiction)
- Using nouns
- Using verbs
- Asking Questions
- Using Prepositions
- Forming Complete Sentences
- Capitalizing First Words and I
- Identifying End Punctuation
Multiple Topics - Easily Plan Centers. Focus on the objectives where teachers spend a majority of instructional time.
Select Appropriate Activity - Differentiate essential objectives through skill-leveled content - approaching, meeting, beyond.
Manipulatives - Explore concepts with hands-on manipulatives, easily stored in durable totes.
FREE SAMPLE LESSONSKindergarten Sample Lesson View Sample Lesson
- 63 Student Activity Cards (Letters, Sounds and Words, Comprehension, Words and Sentences)
- 3 Lesson Planner Cards
- 3 Teacher Notes
- Model Text Cards
- Game Boards
- Counting Chips
- Magnetic Chips
- Magnetic Wands
- Drawstring Bags
- Play Doh
- Reading Rods
- Dry Erase Markers
- Number Cubes