Differentiated Literacy Center Grade 3
- Quick prep makes daily use easy.
- 10-minute activities are perfect for small-group rotations.
- Hands-on materials boost student engagement and interest.
WHAT TO TEACHWord Work:
- Practice Defining Words in Context
- Analyzing Affixes to Determine Meaning
- Using References to Check Word Meaning
- Analyzing Idioms
- Discovering Homonyms
- Finding Synonyms and Antonyms
- Using Academic Vocabulary
- Answering Questions About the Story
- Finding the Theme in a Story
- Analyzing Characters in a Story
- Answering Questions About the Text (Nonfiction)
- Identifying the Main Idea and Supporting Details
- Using Text Features (Nonfiction)
- Finding Key Ideas in Photographs
- Using Nouns
- Using Verbs
- Using Adjectives to Describe
- Making Sure Subject and Verb Agree
- Using Coordinating Conjunctions
- Forming and Using Possessives
- Using Quotation Marks
Multiple Topics - Easily Plan Centers. Focus on the objectives where teachers spend a majority of instructional time.
Select Appropriate Activity - Differentiate essential objectives through skill-leveled content - approaching, meeting, beyond.
Manipulatives - Explore concepts with hands-on manipulatives, easily stored in durable totes.
FREE SAMPLE LESSONSGrade 3 Sample Lesson View Sample Lesson
- 63 Student Activity Cards (Letters, Sounds and Words, Comprehension, Words and Sentences)
- 3 Lesson Planner Cards
- 3 Teacher Notes
- Model Text Cards
- Game Boards
- Counting Chips
- Dot Dice
- Drawstring Bag
- Reading Rods
- Paper Savers
- Dry-Erase Markers
- Retelling & Comprehension Cubes
- Alphabet Tiles