Close Reading Small Group Kit: Informational Text, Grade 3
Develop critical, analytical readers through a teacher-led, interactive, close reading experience in a small group setting! Our Close Reading Small Group Kits include the tools teachers need to model close reading strategies and deep thinking along with the texts and hands-on resources students need to develop a repeatable close reading routine.
- Rich model texts keep students engaged during multiple reads
- Enrichment and remediation options support differentiation
- Teacher-developed materials and preselected texts reduce prep time
Developed with Jennifer Findley. Jennifer is a teacher, mother, and blogger. Jennifer believes that with the right resources, mindset, and strategies, all students can achieve at high levels and learn to love learning.
- Asking and Answering Questions
- Main Idea
- Informational Text
- Unknown Words and Phrases.
- Text Features
- Author’s Point of View
- Text Organization
- Comparing and Contrasting
- Read and Comprehend
- 1 Model Text Easel
- 1 Teacher’s Guide
- 6 Student Annotation Kits
- 3 Highlighters (pink, green, blue)
- 3 Colored Pencils (pink, green, blue)
- 3 Sticky Flags (pink, green, blue)
- Reading Focus Prompt Wheel
- Close Reading Bookmark