VersaTiles Reading/Language Arts
Build and Reinforce Key Literacy Skills
Spend more time teaching and less time grading papers! This popular, self-correcting program can be used to provide individualized practice or enrichment with skill-specific activities for phonics, vocabulary, spelling, comprehension, and grammar. VersaTiles is perfect for a whole class, a small group, or an individual student!
Select a VersaTiles product to find out more
- VersaTiles Reading/Language Arts Labs and Starter Sets
- eVersaTiles Reading/Language Arts CD-ROMs
- VersaTiles Rising Readers
- VersaTiles Building Skills in Comprehension and Vocabulary Lab
- VersaTiles for Favorite Children's Books
- VersaTiles Phonics
—Pat Bowers, Third Grade Teacher, Fayetteville, TN
- 40 Colorful, Nonconsumable Student
Activity Books (5 copies each of 8 titles)
- Comprehensive Teacher's Resource Guide featuring classroom management tips, student/class record charts, blackline masters, Scope and Sequence, and four reproducible tests with answer keys
- 10 Self-Correcting Answer Cases
- Also available with eVersaTiles Single User CD–ROM
Four Reading/Language Arts Strands are color-coded throughout each level, 1-6—
Phonics, Word Attack, and Vocabulary
Comprehension and Study Skills
Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics
Buy the Set and Save!
Includes 6 Book Bins filled with 5 copies of each VersaTiles Reading/Language Arts title for levels 1–6 (48 titles, 240 total books), 6 Teacher's Resource Guides (1 from each level), 40 Answer Cases, and 1 organizational poster and a FREE eVersaTiles Site License CD-ROM.
Titles for Each Grade Level
To view the below sample pages you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can either download the PDF or view it automatically in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
VersaTiles Reading/Language Arts Starter Sets
Try VersaTiles Activity Books at different levels to see which level Lab is appropriate for your classroom. Starter Sets will also complement your VersaTiles Lab by helping meet the needs of students with varying levels of ability. Select a level below your grade for remedial students who need extra practice or a Starter Set at the level above your grade for students who are ready to move ahead.
Starter Sets include-
- 8 Student Activity Books (1 copy each of 8 titles from the same level Lab)
- 1 Teacher's Resource Guide
- 1 Answer Case
Engage students in standards-based, purposeful reading/language arts practice on the computer! eVersaTiles incorporate effective activities with a software design that is easy and fun for all students. Use eVersaTiles as a stand-alone program or combine with hands-on VersaTiles to create powerful, independent learning centers that support all types of learners.
- Hundreds of activities on each grade-level CD-ROM that target a wide range of skills and build understanding of literacy concepts.
- Familiar look and feel of the hands-on VersaTiles system presented in computerized format.
- Cross-platform program can be used on Windows or Mac computers.
Carefully-selected reading passages provide the context for self-correcting VersaTiles® practice activities that move students from reading one-to-two grades below grade level to independent comprehension of grade-level text. Activities in each Lab and Starter Set increase in difficulty by grade-appropriate increments from Levels E–G, making it perfect for differentiated practice within the same class.
- Monitor student progress through informal and formal assessment tools.
- Allow students the opportunity to work independently and at their own pace.
With these complete packages of VersaTiles activities and leveled books, students practice comprehension strategies using VersaTiles, then read the books that correspond to the passages in the VersaTiles Rising Readers Student Activity Books.
- Motivate students who are reading below grade level to master grade-level reading comprehension strategy benchmarks.
- Gradually build reading confidence with progressively more
difficult fiction and nonfiction text.
With these robust packages combining Scooters books and VersaTiles, students can complete VersaTiles practice activities featuring abridged Scooters passages, then read the Scooters books in their entirety to apply their growing literacy skills.
High-interest reading passages adapted from our popular Scooters® series
are paired with VersaTiles activities for practicing—
Comprehension Skills Vocabulary Skills
- Cause and effect
- Compare and contrast
- Antonyms and synonyms
- Drawing conclusions
- Compound words
- Main idea and important details
- Prefixes, suffixes, and root words
- Predicting outcomes
- Word meanings
- Sequencing events
- Words in context
Build Essential Comprehension Skills Using Favorite Children's Literature and Self-correcting VersaTiles!
Passages from all-time-favorite and award-winning children’s literature provide the context for independent comprehension skills practice using self-correcting VersaTiles.
Student Activity Books offer over 250 comprehension questions pertaining to character, plot, setting, theme, and more!
Teacher’s Resource Guide provides explicit instruction on integrating VersaTiles into reading instruction along with—
- Graphic organizers
- Interview and Conferencing Guide
- Record keeping chart
- Summary of each Favorite Children’s Book
(Literature books sold separately.)
VersaTiles for Favorite Children's Books Primary Lab
Comprehension activities are for 67 best-loved and award-winning books at the primary reading level (1.0-3.9) such as Curious George, Amelia Bedelia, Nate the Great, and Salt in His Shoes. The Lab includes five copies each of three different Student Activity Books, five Answer Cases, and a Teacher's Resource Guide.
VersaTiles for Favorite Children's Books Intermediate
Comprehension activities are for 68 all-time favorites and popular new titles at the intermediate reading level (3.1-6.9) such as Charlotte's Web, Freckle Juice, and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The Lab includes five copies each of six different Student Activity Books, 10 Answer Cases, and a Teacher's Resource Guide.
VersaTiles for Favorite Children's Books Starter Sets
VersaTiles for Favorite Children's Books Primary Starter Set includes one copy each of three different Student Activity Books (from the Lab), one Answer Case, and a Teacher's Resource Guide.
VersaTiles for Favorite Children's Books Intermediate Starter Set includes one copy each of six different Student Activity Books (from the Lab), one Answer Case, and a Teacher's Resource Guide.
VersaTiles for Favorite Children's Books Libraries
Encourage Comprehension Skills Practice and Independent Reading!
This diverse collection of popular children’s literature complete with VersaTiles offers enticing content to build skills in context.
- Students practice skills with VersaTiles activities corresponding to excerpts from the Favorite Children’s Books Libraries.
- Popular children’s book libraries, organized by reading level, provide opportunities for independent reading and enjoyment.
This unique collection of Student Activity Books, written to match IRA/NCTE Standards, offers concentrated work in phonics for grades 1, 2, and 3. Nine sequential books take students from alphabet awareness through initial and final consonant sounds; consonant blends and digraphs; short and long vowel sounds; sight words; word families; letter patterns; and other skills that lead to fluency.
VersaTiles Phonics Lab
The Lab contains 36 Student Activity Books (four copies each of nine titles), 10 Answer Cases, and a Teacher's Resource Guide with formal tests.
Parents' Choice 2000 Group Recommended Award
Parents' Choice Foundation, the country's oldest not-for-profit evaluator of children's media, was established in 1978 to help parents participate wisely in their children's learning and chose VersaTiles Phonics as an award winner.