Now, our popular Reading Rods are available for little hands too!
Jumbo Reading Rods engage active young learners in hands-on activities that support early literacy development in…
- Phonological awareness
- Alphabet knowledge
- Oral language
- Print awareness
Jumbo Reading Rods include:
- Big letter and picture rods for small hands provide kinesthetic learning opportunities
- Color-coded, interlocking manipulatives create interactive literacy experiences
- Over 80 activities correlate to pre-kindergarten and kindergarten standards and can be easily integrated into any reading program
- Classroom Kit includes double-sided floor mat— perfect for oral language development
More Big Ideas for Using Jumbo Reading Rods in Your Classroom! More Activities for Picture Rods and Letter Rods:
- Connect two picture rods that begin with the same letter and say each aloud.
- Connect picture rods that have the same number of syllables and say each aloud.
- Connect two picture rods that have the same number of letter sounds or phonemes and say each aloud.
- Match a letter rod to the same letter displayed around the classroom.
- Connect uppercase letter rods so they are displayed on one side.
- Put the letter rods in alphabetical order (from left to right).
- Use a shoelace or yarn to string a word together.