Improve Studentsí Test Scores in Measurement with Systematic, Hands-On Instruction!
MeasureWorks is a unique program dedicated to developing students' measurement skills through systematic instruction and engaging measurement activities.
- Easy-to-follow lesson plans offer activities to help students master estimation and measurement.
- Engaging manipulatives promote successful learning experiences.
- Offers over 50 lessons at each grade level that focus on time, length, area/perimeter, volume/capacity, weight, temperature, and angles
- Includes a Toolbox filled with grade-appropriate measurement tools to give students many hands-on measuring experiences
- Easy-to-follow lesson plans require minimal teacher preparation.
- Topic-specific units can be used alone or to supplement your existing curriculum.
- Assessments are provided, so you don't have to create tests! Each unit includes a posttest written in standardized test format.
- No time to make copies? Student Activity Books (88 pages each) that include all the blackline master student activities from the Teacher's Resource Guide are available.
- Warm-up discussions spark students' interest at the start of each lesson.
- Using measurement tools in real-life contexts helps students make the connection between what they learn in school and their everyday life.
- Students learn how to compute and convert measurement units within systems.
- Lessons promote estimation skills as students are encouraged to first "predict" and then "measure to check."