Whirly Twirly Stories
Shared Reading Experiences Students Will Never Forget!
Children in the primary grades will want to hear these playful stories again and again! Eccentric characters in funny stories told with lots of rhyme, rhythm, and repetition make this series ideal for introducing beginning readers to the sounds of language to help them discover that reading is both purposeful and enjoyable.
The Big Books provide numerous opportunities to revisit the text to teach and reinforce phonological awareness, oral language ability, and phonics skills.Distinctive features include:
- Stories composed around repeated word sounds (phonemes)
- Poetic, rhythmic language construction
- Repetition, alliteration, rhyme, assonance, and onomatopoeia
- Lively language that motivates responses
- Audio recordings of each story followed by catchy sing-along songs with hilarious sound effects