A Comprehensive Leveled Reading System for Instruction, Independent Practice, and Assessment!
SunSprouts ensures success from the very start through—
- Repeated use of high-frequency words
- A specially developed font that supports
- Familiar stories and topics
- Lesson plans for every title with strategies for teaching phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing
- A variety of text types; fiction and nonfiction
- Award-winning authors and illustrators
- Stories with satisfying outcomes
- Informational texts that appeal to a range of interests
- Memorable, recurring characters
Matching Students with "Just Right" Books Is Easy with SunSprouts®!
- SunSprouts books are carefully leveled for complexity of text.
- Teacher support materials help match students to books based on instructional needs.
- Twenty titles at each level introduce a range of text types, literary styles, and genres.
—Tara Hawkins, Reading Specialist
Lee’s Summit, Missouri
Matching students with books is easy with SunSprouts. Developed specifically for guided reading, SunSprouts are carefully leveled for complexity of text. Teacher-support materials help you match students to books based on instructional needs. Twenty titles in each level introduce readers to a range of text types, literary styles, and genres as they learn skills and strategies for successful reading and writing.
GRL = Guided Reading Levels
DRA = Developmental Reading Assessment Levels**
EI = Early Intervention Levels
Levels are organized by color and are provided for comparison purposes only. Teachers are encouraged to evaluate the books and adjust the levels according to their own evaluation.
**Developmental Reading Assessment Resource Guide. Joetta Beaver, Celebration Press: Pearson Learning, 1997.