Introduce a Variety of Genres with Chapter Books!
Help your students grades 3—6/GRL O—W build reading stamina and enjoy longer books with BookBlazers! Fascinating chapter books and junior novels introduce students to various genres such as realism, fantasy, humor, adventure, mystery, science fiction, and more!
Leveled for guided reading but suitable for independent reading, these appealing books provide students with real reasons to read as they develop fluency and comprehension.
- Strengthen studentsí reading stamina with longer texts.
- Develop new vocabulary in context.
- Acquaint students with sequels and books in a series.
- Connect readers to real-life issues through engaging plots and characters.
- Support fluency through modeling and practice opportunities.
BookBlazers hook developing readers by introducing them to—
- Books in a series
- A range of text types
- Real-life issues
Comprehensive teacher support helps you capture the "teachable moments" in each book to reinforce reading comprehension and literary-analysis skills.
Eight-page Teacher’s Notes for each title include—
- A guided reading lesson
- Activities that focus on word analysis, vocabulary development, fluency, comprehension, and shared and independent writing
- ELL/ESL support
- 2 blackline activity masters