In this STEM module, Sophie's brother Sam loves to play in the sandbox. But the sun makes the sand too hot! Children explore the warming effects of the sun as they help Sophie design and build a covering to block sunlight.
- Total of 90–180 minutes of instruction time broken into 20–30 minute blocks
- All materials included for a collaborative classroom activity
- Aligned and written to standards
- Helpful how-to video
KEY NGSS STANDARD
K-PS3-2: Use tools and materials to design and build a structure that will reduce the warming effect of sunlight on an area.
If you are purchasing STEM in Action in the following countries: UK, Ireland, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Turkey, Italy, India, Australia, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Malaysia, Netherlands, Oman, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, and the UAE please visit https://www.learningresources.co.uk to place your order.
- Teacher Guide and Activity Cards
- Sunny Sandbox 2-sided poster
- Light sensitive paper
- Flashlight with battery
- Custom stickers sheets
- Building straws and connectors
- Plastic trays
- Black construction paper
- Acetate transparencies
- 6 Plastic eye droppers
- Plastic cups and tape