Students explore the warming effects of the sun and engineering. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to design and build a covering to block the sun, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
- Total of 90-180 minutes of instruction time broken into 20-30 minute blocks
- All materials included for a collaborative classroom activity
- Aligned and written to standards
- Helpful how-to video
- Teacher Guide and Activity Cards
- Sunny Sandbox 2-sided poster
- Light sensitive paper
- Flashlight with battery
- Custom stickers sheets
- Building straws and connectors
- Plastic trays
- Black construction paper
- Acetate transparencies
- 6 Plastic eye droppers
- Plastic cups and tape
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
If you are purchasing STEM in Action in the following countries: UK, Ireland, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Turkey, Italy, India, Australia, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Malaysia, Netherlands, Oman, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, and the UAE please visit https://www.learningresources.co.uk to place your order.