Aligned and written to standards
Helpful how-to video
Students explore the power of magnets and use them to make, test, and redesign a way to clean fish tanks without putting their hands into water. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to design a solution for cleaning fish tanks, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
- Total of 90-180 minutes of instruction time broken into 20-30 minute blocks
- All materials for up to 30 students to participate in a collaborative activity
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD! SMALL BALL. (3) Not for < 3 yrs.|MARBLE. (5) Not for < 3 yrs.|SMALL PARTS. (1) Not for < 3 yrs.
- Student Activity Books (6)
- Teacher Guide with blackline masters
- Magnets: Disc, rectangular, ring, and bar
- Table tennis balls, steel spheres, marbles, bolts, loop fastener, and string
- Wooden, foam, and aluminum cubes
- Plastic buckets, measuring pitchers, and gravel
- Paper clips, masking tape, dry-erase markers, index cards, glue dots, round stickers, plastic cups, rulers
- Helpful how-to video
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
|Brand||Hands-On Standards® STEM in Action|
|Area of Focus: ||Science|
|Product Type||Sets, Kits & Centers (Science)|