STEM in Action® Shadow Box Theatre Exploration
Physical Science: Light & Shadow
Build understanding of light and shadows and create composite shapes.
Students explore light and shadows by planning, resting, and redesigning scenery for a shadow box theater. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to design a shadow box theater, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
- Total of 90-180 minutes of instruction time broken into 20-30 minute blocks
- All materials for up to 30 students to participate in a collaborative activity
- Aligned and written to standards
- Helpful how-to video
Student Activity Books (6)
Teacher Guide with blackline masters
Shadow theater (1)
Stage light (1)
Clear plastic strips (12)
Materials squares (14 each of 5 materials)
Shadow boards (6)
Plastic clips (36)
Measuring strips (1 sheet)
Shape tiles (6 sets)
ManipuLite shapes (6 sets)
Clear tape (6)
Helpful how-to video
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
- Brand: Hands-On Standards® STEM in Action
- Area of Focus: : Science
- Subject: Physical Science (Science)
- Product Type: Physical Science (Science)
- Age: 6
- Grade: 1
- Units: Each
- Item #: IN79821
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD! Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.