Students explore ways to pollinate plants in a greenhouse by creating a model plant pollinator. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to create a model plant pollinator, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
- Total of 90-180 minutes of instruction time broken into 20-30 minute blocks
- All materials for up to 30 students to participate in a collaborative activity
- Aligned and written to standards
- Helpful how-to video
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD! Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
- Student Activity Books (6)
- Teacher Guide with blackline masters
- Full color pollinator card sets (6)
- Two-sided "Parts of a Flower" Poster (6)
- Mini pom-poms
- Pollen movers: feathers,
- fake fur, pom-poms, pipe cleaners, loop fasteners
- Handle materials: craft sticks, building straws and connectors, thin straws, clothespins
- Fabric flowers (lilies and tulips)
- Flower cups and small paper cups
- Plastic coins
- Double-sided tape, sticky notes, masking tape, glue dots, and rulers
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant