Ron is a loveable skateboarding armadillo who brings slopes and surfaces to life for children while they use graphs to problem solve. Children are challenged to design the ramp so that Ron goes far—but not too far!
READINESS FOR NGSS STANDARDS
K-2-ETS1-1: Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a
situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be
solved through the development of a new or improved object or
data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to
compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each
2-PS1-1: Plan and conduct an
investigation to describe and classify different kinds of materials by
their observable properties.
2-PS1-2:Analyze data obtained from testing
different materials to determine which materials have the properties
that are best suited for an intended purpose.
- Provides teachers with modular 10–20 minute blocks of instruction
- Total of 70-80 minutes of total instruction time
- All materials included for a collaborative classroom activity
- Aligned and written to standards
- Helpful how to video and animated student video
If you are purchasing STEM in Action in the following countries: UK, Ireland, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Turkey, Italy, India, Australia, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Malaysia, Netherlands, Oman, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, and the UAE please visit https://www.learningresources.co.uk to place your order.
- 4 Activity Cards and a Teacher Quick Start Card
- Ron's Story Poster
- 4 class sets of home connection blackline masters
- Ron the armadillo with helmet
- Skateboard ramp
- 3 Surfaces
- Graphing mat
- 400 Color tiles
- Blackline masters
- Digital content