STEM in Action® Ron's Habitat Adventure
Life Science: Living Things & Habitats
Build understanding of animal needs and habitats
Students explore habitats and what animals need to survive. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to design a patch to help an injured turtle survive, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
- Provides teachers with 10-20 minutes of instruction
- Total of 70-80 minutes of total instruction time
- All materials needed for a collaborative classroom activity
- Aligned and written to standards
- Helpful how to video and animated student video
- 4 Activity Cards and a Teacher Quick Start Card
- 4 class sets of home connection blackline masters masters
- Ron's Habitat Story Poster
- Ron the armadillo stuffed toy
- Plastic toy turtle
- Food Chain Cards
- Plastic cups
- Plastic droppers
- Turtle shells (frisbee)
- gauze pads, 2"
- Glue sticks, .28 oz
- Tote tray
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
- Brand: Hands-On Standards® STEM in Action
- Area of Focus: : Science
- Subject: STEM (Science)
- Product Type: Kits & Centers (Science)
- Age: 4
- Grade: PreK
- Units: Each
- Item #: IN79849
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD! SMALL PARTS. (1) Not for < 3 yrs.