STEM in Action™: Ron's Habitat Adventure
Life Science: Living Things & Habitats
Build understanding of animal needs and habitats
Ron the Armadillo wants to help an injured, displaced wild turtle survive. Children work with Ron to design, make, and test a patch that will help the turtle heal when it is returned to the pond habitat.
READINESS FOR NGSS STANDARDS
4-ESS3-2: Generate and compare multiple solutions to reduce the impacts of nature Earth processes on humans.
- Provides teachers with 10–20 minutes of instruction
- Total of 70–80 minutes of total instruction time
- All materials needed for a collaborative classroom activity
- Aligned and written to standards
- Helpful how to video and animated student video
- 4 Activity Cards and a Teacher Quick Start Card
- 4 class sets of home connection blackline masters masters
- Ron's Habitat Story Poster
- Ron the armadillo stuffed toy
- Plastic toy turtle
- Food Chain Cards
- Plastic cups
- Plastic droppers
- Turtle shells (frisbee)
- gauze pads, 2"
- Glue sticks, .28 oz
- Tote tray
- Brand: Hands-On Standards® STEM in Action
- Area of Focus: : Science
- Subject: Lab Supplies (Science)
- Product Type: Sets, Kits & Centers (Science)
- Age: 4-5
- Grade: PreK
- Units: Each
- Item #: IN79849
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD! SMALL PARTS. (1) Not for < 3 yrs.