Aligned and written to standards
Helpful how-to video
Students explore the properties of materials while designing an absorbent, no-slip mat to protect the house from muddy paws. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to design a no-slip mat, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
- Total of 90-180 minutes of instruction time broken into 20-30 minute blocks
- All materials for up to 30 students to participate in a collaborative activity
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD! SMALL PARTS. (1) Not for < 3 yrs.
- Student Activity Books (6)
- Teacher Guide with blackline masters
- Pre-cut mat materials: terry cloth, felt, corduroy, plastic, craft foam, shelf liner
- Carpet pieces
- Plastic trays, cups, and spoons
- Food coloring and plastic droppers
- Plastic coins
- Napkins and paper towels
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
STEM in Action® Muddy Mats Exploration
|Brand||Hands-On Standards® STEM in Action|
|Area of Focus: ||Science|
|Product Type||Sets, Kits & Centers (Science)|