Are you or one of your colleagues an exceptional K-8 STEM educator?
The Illinois Science Teacher’s Association (ISTA), with the generous support of ETA hand2mind, is pleased to offer the Illinois STEM Educator Award for a second year. The winners will be honored at the 2017 ISTA Conference, held at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb on October 27-28.
- This award recognizes 2 educators – 1 elementary school educator (K-5) and 1 middle school educator (grades 6-8) – who have demonstrated extraordinary accomplishments in STEM/Engineering Design teaching.*ETA hand2mind employees and their family member and paid consultants/per diems of ETA hand2mind are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must provide evidence that demonstrates accomplishments in STEM/Engineering Design that go beyond normal classroom teaching.
- An emphasis is placed on work that is original, innovative, and that integrates multiple STEM areas.
- Applications are especially encouraged from educators whose work involves student populations that are underrepresented in STEM fields.
- The judging panel includes: 2 ISTA members, 2 college/university professors, last year’s 2 winners.