Are you or one of your colleagues an exceptional K-8 STEM educator?
The Illinois Science Teachers Association (ISTA) AND the Illinois Council of Teachers of Mathematics (ICTM), with the generous support of ETA hand2mind, are pleased to offer the Illinois STEM Educator Award for a second year. The winners will be honored at the 2017 ISTA Conference, held at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb on October 27-28.
- This award recognizes 2 educators – 1 elementary school educator (K-5) and 1 middle school educator (grades 6-8) – who have demonstrated extraordinary accomplishments in STEM/Engineering Design teaching.*ETA hand2mind employees and their family member and paid consultants/per diems of ETA hand2mind are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must provide evidence that demonstrates accomplishments in STEM/Engineering Design that go beyond normal classroom teaching.
- An emphasis is placed on work that is original, innovative, and that integrates multiple STEM areas.
- Applications are especially encouraged from educators whose work involves student populations that are underrepresented in STEM fields.
- The judging panel includes: 2-3 ISTA/ICTM members, 2 college/university professors, last year’s 2 winners.