Daily Science Reinforcers™
Levels 1 -8Prepare Students for Standardized Tests with Daily, Five-Minute Science Activities
- Maximize students’ performance on standardized tests
- Augment any science curriculum by building science vocabulary and assessment skills
- Cover NSE Standards-based science strategies and concepts to improve comprehension, multistage critical-thinking skills, and understanding of core science topics
- Choose from over 100 quick review and reinforcement activities at each level
- Use as a short introduction to any science lesson or a concise follow-up for each area of study
Student Activity Feature:
- Talking Science section builds vocabulary use and comprehension with guided writing activities.
- Each Student Activity highlights a key science concept.
- The number of student science activities increases by level—
- Level 1: 100 large print activities, one per day
- Level 2 and 3: 216 activities, 2 per day
- Level 4, 5, and 6: 240 activities, 2 per day
- Level 7 and 8: 120 activities and 120 vocabulary reinforcers; one of each per day
Teacher Resource Manual Feature:
- Includes NSE Standards correlations for each activity.
- Offers suggestions for extending and enhancing daily lessons.
- Features complete answer key for each grade level.
Updated Daily Reinforcers Science, 2nd Edition features—
An engaging vehicle to review key science terminology and develop a working knowledge of each term.
For Levels 3-8, these exercises involve observations and applications and tie learning with everyday experiences.
Think Like A Scientist—
Activities designed to apply logical and critical science thinking to solve a problem or create an idea.
Daily Science Assessments—
15 periodic quizzes and a 25-question, grade-level test designed to be used as preparation for state or national testing; in preand post-comparison, or as a final exam.
Interactive Whiteboard Resources—
Reinforce key concepts with new, exciting IWB technology (optional.)
—Diane Perito, Chemistry Teacher, Malden, MA