Set the Stage for Independent Science Learning!
Ready-to-Use Science Centers Promote Independent Learning!
Create a complete center-based learning environment for life, earth, and physical science, and save hours of preparation time. Each self-contained center features:
- Eighteen ready-to-use NSE Standards-based explorations and experiments
- All of the hands-on science materials required to perform the activities
- User-friendly support materials for teachers and classroom volunteers
- Direct alignment with leading science textbooks and curriculum standards
CenterStage Science experiments and activities encourage students to work collaboratively while building knowledge and skills essential to successful performance on standardized tests.
"CenterStage Science centers offer an effective alternative to mundane and traditional methods of teaching. The supplies are aligned with the state standards for Science, they are convenient, and they are user-friendly." -Tracey Cooper-Singleton, Lead Science Teacher, Newark, NJ
CenterStage Science covers these NSE-based topics and more:
- Animal characteristics and classification
- Plant structures
- Life cycles
- Adaptations of plants and animals
- Human body systems
- Interactions in ecosystem
- Rocks, minerals, and fossils
- Earth's changing surface
- Water cycle
- Sun, Moon, and the seasons
- Electric circuits
- Simple machines
- Motion and forces
- Properties of matter
- Heat energy
Reinforce Science Instruction with Centers! CenterStage® Science centers—
- Set up quickly and save preparation time—just choose an Activity Card, select the materials, demonstrate the activity, and students are ready to start working
- Can be used one center at a time by one or two students or simultaneously to create a complete center-based classroom
- Store easily in the compact floor rack included FREE with each Classroom Package
Easy-to-Use Resources Support All Teachers
- Classroom management suggestions
- Content background and information
- Correlations to national standards
- Blackline masters and much more!
Ready-to-Use Centers Make Science Instruction Easy and Effective
Designed to support state and national elementary-grade standards-and to fit easily into any curriculum-CenterStage Science activities are as much fun as they are powerful and practical. Three modules at each grade level capitalize on children's intrinsic interest in exploring the world around them. A variety of activities in life, earth, and physical science engage budding scientists' curiosity while promoting collaborative work by up to four students at a time.
Self-Contained Learning Centers Are Easy to Integrate into the Classroom
If you've spent countless hours making your own learning centers, or if you have never used a center-based approach because of all the time it takes to put everything together, you'll really appreciate CenterStage Science! It's compact to store and quick to set up-choose the module and open the display, select an activity, and instantly, your center is ready to use with minimum preparation required! CenterStage Science is flexible too, use just one center or set up several modules to involve more students in center-based learning at the same time.
Comprehensive Resources Support All Teachers
Whether you're experienced in using learning centers or are implementing a center-based approach for the first time, you'll find valuable, timesaving assistance in CenterStage Science. There are practical classroom management suggestions, correlations to national standards, lesson objectives, and blackline masters in the Teacher's Notes and Teacher's Resource Guide. And you'll feel completely confident in your science teaching, thanks to the content background and information provided with each CenterStage Science lesson.