User-friendly Hands-On Standards Science, Deluxe Edition simplifies curriculum planning in grades 4-5 by providing one inquiry-based activity for every week of the entire school year!
- 36 NSE Standards-based lessons in each Deluxe Edition reinforce science concepts and process skills, preparing students for standardized tests.
- Consistent format across all volumes ensures continuity of teaching throughout the elementary grades.
- Full Inquiry Lessons include a template for students to develop their own investigations, fostering the application of process skills.
- Assessment questions based on process skills simulate a standardized test format and include an answer key.
- Online blackline masters, scoring rubrics, and answer key for each activity help teachers manage students’ progress.
Hands-On Standards Science, Deluxe Edition, Grades 4–5
Integrate nine process skills into the teaching of:
- Physical Science—Explore chemical reactions, volume and density, mixtures, gasses, and acids and bases.
- Life Science—Investigate characteristics, reactions, and nutrients with respect to leaves.
- Earth and Space Science—Discover the Earth, elements within our solar system, glaciers, and fossils.
Reduce Preparation Time with Ready-to-Use Science Materials Kits!
- Each Materials Kit supports 24 students (6 groups of 4) working collaboratively on all* of the 36 lessons, and 1 group of 4 students working collaboratively on the DVD extension activities.
- Convenient storage totes maximize limited storage space and keep materials organized.
*Hands-On Standards Science, Deluxe Edition Materials Kits do not include some perishable items needed to complete select lessons.