Physical Science: Our Physical World Module II: Electricity, Magnetism, Sound, and Light
Introduce the basic principles of magnetism, electricity, sound and light with these 14 hands-on investigations.
Electrify the class and spark a love of science in your students with this module that introduces the basic principles of magnetism, electricity, sound, and light. Students will learn how magnetic poles are defined and labeled; build a voltaic wet cell; observe the effects of static electricity; classify materials as electrical conductors or insulators; study the properties of sound; investigate the Doppler Effect; learn how a prism produces a light spectrum; and more! Materials include magnets, lenses, mirrors, prisms, laser pointer, color paddles, compass, tuning forks, and more! Includes a 184-page guide featuring 4 units with a total of 14 hands-on investigations:
- An Introduction to Electricity
- The Nature of Sound
- Light and Our World
Each module includes
- A comprehensive Teacher’s Resource Guide with reproducible student activity sheets
- A collection of fun and safe investigations with real-world applications
- Enough high-quality science materials for a class of 40 students, stored in VersaTote® Storage Containers
- Free Assessment Software that allows you to create tests that students can take right on the computer and that are scored electronically—a $59.95 Value!