Earth Science: Our Natural World: Environmental Issues and Solutions Module
Investigate environmental issues through these 19 hands-on laboratory investigations.
Incorporate problem-based science into your curriculum with this module that links science and technology to real world problems and solutions. Activities address major issues that currently plague our environment, including water pollution, landfills, soil quality, oil spills, and more. Student objectives include estimating groundwater vulnerability to contamination, identifying ways to prevent water pollution, measuring pH and other characteristics of water samples, and learning how naturally occurring microorganisms break down in soil. Materials include microbe cultures, a simulated landfill system, assorted testing tablets, metal sieves, and more! Includes a 154-page guide featuring 5 units with a total of 19 hands-on laboratory investigations:
- Water Pollution Solutions
- Investigating Water Quality
- Oil-Hungry Bacteria to the Rescue
- The Living Soil
- What are Landfills?
Each module includes
- A comprehensive Teacher’s Resource Guide with reproducible student activity sheets
- A collection of fun and safe investigations with real-world applications
- Enough high-quality science materials for a class of 40 students, stored in VersaTote® Storage Containers
- Free Assessment Software that allows you to create tests that students can take right on the computer and that are scored electronically—a $59.95 Value!