Combining interactive CD technology with advanced card reading capabilities, the Radius Audio Learning System offers unique, hands-on opportunities to develop skills related to the alphabet, vowels, consonants, word families, comprehension, and vocabulary.
- Content-rich card sets and interactive audio CDs designed specifically for Radius build knowledge of key literacy concepts and vocabulary.
- Easy operation and step-by-step oral instructions enable students to work independently or in small groups—perfect for centers too!
- Interactive audio feature provides immediate, self-checking feedback.
- High quality digital sound delivers proper oral modeling.
- Flexible lessons support differentiated learning.
Beginning Phonics and Reading
Radius Card and CD Sets for Beginning Phonics and Reading promote the development of early literacy skills including—
- Letter recognition and lettersound relationships
- Rhyming words and word families
- Consonant blends and digraphs
Alphabet Awareness Cards & CD Set: Letter-sound relationships; Upper- and lower-case letters; Initial and final consonant sounds. Target Grades PreK-K.
Short Vowels Cards & CD Set: Letter-sound relationships; Short vowel sounds and vowel patterns. Target Grades K-1.
Long Vowels Cards & CD Set: Letter-sound relationships; Long vowel sounds and vowel patterns. Target Grades K-1.
Rhyming Words Families Cards & CD Set: Rhyming sounds in word families; Letter patterns in word families; Identification of word families in common words. Target Grades K-1.
Blends & Digraphs Cards & CD Set: Consonant blends and digraphs; r-controlled vowels. Target Grades K-1.
Reading Fluency Cards & CD Set: High-frequency words; Punctuation; Echo and character reading; Text patterns; Reading speed. Target Grades 1-3.
Reading Comprehension Cards & CD Set: Making predictions; Understanding the main idea; Comparing and contrasting; Drawing conclusions; Fiction vs. nonfiction; Fact vs. opinion. Target Grades 1-3.
Radius Card and CD Sets for Reading Strategies build proficiency in—
- Gathering information from nonfiction text
- Comprehending content-area vocabulary in context
- Applying comprehension strategies to other content-area topics
How to Read Informational Text—Math, Science & Social Studies Cards and CD Sets: Concept description & definition webs; Directed reading and thinking; Comparing and contrasting organizers; Tree diagrams. Target Grades 3-5.
Improving Vocabulary & Comprehension—Math, Science & Social Studies Cards and CD Sets: Concept definition mapping; Frayer Model; Semantic mapping and feature analysis; Word sorts; Verbal and visual word association. Target Grades 3-5.
Radius Audio Learning System
Includes 4 headphone jacks (headphones not included), 1 speaker jack, power adapter, and protective carrying case. Unit measures 11" x 8" x 4". Grades PreK and up.
Radius Cards and CD Sets
Include 40 double-sided, write-on/wipe-off activity cards featuring unique barcodes that correspond to the CD; An interactive audio CD to help students complete the activities and answer open-ended questions; More than 45 minutes of audio content; Blackline master Activity Book (with Reading Strategies sets only).