Target skills include:
- Analyze area and volume patterns
- Develop simple order of operations
- Utilize arrays for primes and composites
- Introduce variables
- Demonstrate and determine rules
- Develop ordered pairs
- Perform flips, turns, and slides on a grid board
- Create tessellating patterns
AlgebraWorks lessons use the following manipulatives: ManipuLite Pattern Blocks, Tracing Shapes Set, GeoTool® Compasses, GeoReflector Mirrors, Algebra Tiles™, Write ’N’ Wipe Grid Boards, XY Coordinate Peg Boards, and Overhead Algebra Tiles.
AlgebraWorks Grade 5 Complete Classroom Kit
Includes Teacher’s Resource Guide and manipulatives to support 24 students, packaged in a convenient Toolbox.
AlgebraWorks Grade 5 Small-Group Kit
Includes Teacher’s Resource Guide and manipulatives for 6 students.
Consumable Student Activity Books provide an ongoing record of each student’s algebra experiences throughout the year and save the time of photocopying each student activity from the Teacher’s Resource Guide. (Student Books are available separately in sets of 12.)