Target skills include:
- Describe and extend patterns
- Analyze number patterns
- Find missing elements in geometric and number patterns
- Explore positive and negative fact families
- Create arrays to multiply
- Utilize the distributive property
- Write number sentences
- Find missing addends
- Discover inequalities
- Solve equations
- Explore perimeter and area
- Create graphs
- Identify congruent shapes
- Find lines of symmetry
- Explore slides, flips, and turns
AlgebraWorks lessons use the following manipulatives: ManipuLite® Pattern Blocks, Color Tiles, Hundred Boards, Tracing Shapes Set, Three Bear Family® Counters, Bucket Balances, and Overhead Pattern Blocks.
AlgebraWorks Grade 3 Complete Classroom Kit
Includes Teacher’s Resource Guide and manipulatives to support 24 students, packaged in a convenient Toolbox.
AlgebraWorks Grade 3 Small-Group Kit
Includes Teacher’s Resource Guide and manipulatives for 6 students.
Consumable Student Activity Books provide an ongoing record of each student’s algebra experiences throughout the year and save the time of photocopying each student activity from the Teacher’s Resource Guide. (Student Books are available separately in sets of 12.)