Learning Place for Afterschool Math promotes achievement beyond the regular school day with hands-on academic and enrichment experiences that support the curriculum and engage students' interest. Providing up to 150 days of instruction, five standards-based modules per grade level accommodate 15 students working cooperatively. Teachers of any experience level will appreciate that Learning Place for Afterschool Math is complete, easy-to-implement, and customizable to individual students' needs.
Learning Place for Afterschool Math:
- Provides both small-group and individual hands-on activities that encourage collaboration and build independence
- Contains pre- and post-tests for assessing, tracking, and reporting student progress
- Supports English Language Learners to help close the achievement gap
- Incorporates cross-curricular instruction that connects math to other subjects and the real world
- Aligns to principles of high quality afterschool mathematics developed by the National Partnership for Quality Afterschool Learning
Make the Most of Afterschool Time with Ready-to-Use Math Kits!
Each Learning Place® for Afterschool Math Module includes:
- A 148-page Implementation Guide with Teacher’s Notes and easy-to-follow instructions
- 12 double-sided Student Activity Cards for small-group activities
- Manipulatives for up to 15 students
- 6 nonfiction books to build math literacy and explore mathematical vocabulary in a real-life context
- 10 VersaTiles® Student Activity Books and self-correcting Answer Cases, for immediate feedback and skill practice
- Problem solving games that engage students in practicing and applying math skills
- A convenient storage and carrying case that is easy to transport and keep materials organized
Each Learning Place for Afterschool Math Classroom Kit includes all 5 grade-level modules.