CitySteps Growing Things
Throughout the year, a city blooms with lots of colors. Growing Things encourages young children to talk about familiar plants, fruits, and vegetables in their community.
CitySteps Growing Things Dramatic Play Kit
Promote healthy eating habits as children set up and run their own fruit and vegetable stands!
CitySteps Literacy Theme Kits
Give young children a familiar context—the city in which they live—to build early literacy skills. Using research-based, easy-to-implement instructional strategies such as shared reading, shared writing, and text talk, CitySteps™ Literacy Theme Kits help teachers develop—oral language, print awareness, phonological awareness, alphabet knowledge, and emergent writing. Each CitySteps Literacy Theme Kit comes with—
- Lap Book
- Story Roll-Ups™ (with Teacher’s Notes)
- Dramatic Play Kit (with Teacher’s Notes)
- Think-Along Story Cards (set of 10 Story Cards with Teacher’s Notes)
- Literacy Center Activity Cards (set of 10 Activity Cards with Teacher’s Notes)
- Literacy Theme Guide
- Jumbo Reading Rods® (2 sets of Picture Rods and 3 sets of Letter Rods)
- Literacy Snapshot Cards (set of 22 Snapshot Cards with Teacher’s Notes)
CitySteps Dramatic Play Kits
Kits (available separately or included in CitySteps Literacy Theme Kits) come with a variety of realistic and literacy props and point-of-use teacher support.
CitySteps Math Theme Kits
Math is everywhere in the city! Explicit instruction and age-appropriate activities in each CitySteps Math Theme Kit encourage young children to think about, talk about, and explore these standards-based mathematical concepts and skills—numbers and operations; patterns and relationships; geometry and spatial sense; and measurement. Each CitySteps Math Theme Kit comes with—
- Math Snapshot Cards (set of 22 Snapshot Cards with Teacher’s Notes)
- Giant ManipuLite® Pattern Blocks
- CounTEN™ Sorting Carton
- Math Center Activity Cards (Set of 10 Activity Cards with Teacher’s Notes)
- Graphing Mat
- Math Theme Guide
- Math Story Mat (One mat with Teacher’s Notes and 30 Counters per theme)
- Giant ManipuLite Sorting Circles (set of 2 Sorting Circles)
CitySteps Lap Book
Give your youngest students something to talk—and pretend—about! Created for oral language and vocabulary development, the lap books' image-rich, culturally-responsive urban settings, topics, and vocabulary will easily find their way into students' creative play. Students learn about nonfiction text features and make connections to their lives. Book measure 15"H x 13"W, 24 pages each. Grades PreK-K.