Response to Intervention (RTI)
Achieve Positive Outcomes for Learners at All Levels with Hands-On, Supplemental Resources!
ETA/Cuisenaire hands-on literacy resources support the best practices necessary to successfully implement a tiered Response to Intervention (RTI) framework school-wide. Each ETA/Cuisenaire research-based program maximizes positive outcomes by offering comprehensive, yet easy-to-implement support for data-driven differentiated instruction matched to students' interests and abilities.
ETA/Cuisenaire Resources Support a Multi-Tiered Approach to Intervention
Provide a solid foundation for RTI teams to build learning communities and maximize on-going professional coaching.
- Explore and implement research-based practices.
- Build consistency school- and district-wide.
- Become confident with using assessment data for flexible grouping and instruction.
Make the classroom an engaging, interactive learning zone for all students by integrating a hands-on system of teaching and learning resources into core curriculum plans.
- Differentiate instruction by making reading and writing a multi-sensory experience.
- Accelerate learning through "just right" text that increase reading proficiency, stamina, and student confidence.
- Promote independent practice to strengthen mastery of literacy skills and concepts.
Tier 2 and Tier 3:
Strategic and Intensive Intervention
Intervene early and often to close any learning gaps and effectively move students forward through a hands-on learning environment responsive to their needs.
- Reteach skills and concepts through explicit small group or individual hands-on strategies that target skill deficits and promote differentiation for each student.
- Scaffold learning using the Gradual Release of Responsibility model emphasized in lesson plans and teacher materials.
- Tie interventions to core instruction to maintain consistency.
- Track students' growth through regular progress monitoring.