High-Interest Nonfiction Builds Critical Skills for Comprehension!
- Improve content knowledge with increasingly complex informational text.
- Expand vocabulary through the introduction of more technical and specialized terms.
- Practice strategies for reading informational text, such as interpreting maps, timelines, tables, and diagrams.
- Promote opportunities for critical thinking.
- Explore exciting topics including disasters, diseases, food, sports, heroes, science, music, art, and many more.
GRL I—P / DRA 16—38 / EI 15—20