ETA/Cuisenaire announces President's Award Winners
Vernon Hills educational company awards those who shined in '11
VERNON HILLS, Ill - April 6, 2012 — ETA/Cuisenaire employees have been named winners of the 2011 "President's Awards for Core Values," as recently announced by Jude Rake, President/CEO of the Vernon Hills-based company, which is the nation's leading provider of hands-on learning products for math, science and literacy education.
The six winners are Mary Watanabe, senior associate of special projects; Elena Cruz, order management specialist; Denise Ragona, accounts receivable manager; Georgine Cooper, product development manager; Kathy Carter, outside sales representative; and Chad Martin, regional vice president of sales.
Here is a closer look at the six winners:
- Mary Watanabe. Core value award: Passion — We are energized by partnering with educators and parents to develop our children. It's a higher calling than just a business. "Mary has built a professional relationship with a number of ETA authors, and many of these are fueled by the strong shared commitment for improving education," Rake said. "We are grateful for Mary's passion and ongoing commitment to the higher calling of education.
- Elena Cruz. Core value award: Resourcefulness — We find a way to win for our customers, our business partners, and our stakeholders. "Elena effectively works with her colleagues throughout the organization to manage our customer order pool and overcome obstacles to meet critical customer deadlines," Rake said. "Working through people, processes, and systems, Elena demonstrates what it means to be resourceful on a daily basis."
- Denise Ragona. Core value award: Collaboration — We embrace different perspectives to foster a culture of learning and growth, working as a team to complement each others' contributions. ‘We' are stronger than ‘me'! "Denise has successfully promoted several people to new positions with our organization," Rake said. "She is a true team player."
- Georgine Cooper. Core value award: Spirit — We are curious and courageous as we challenge conventional wisdom, take educated risks and champion new ideas. "Georgine has embraced new tools and ideas to solve problems and overcome obstacles, and has the spirit to ‘make it right' for colleagues and customers alike," Rake said. "She coaches and mentors colleagues to help us make better product and better use of our time."
- Kathy Carter. Core value award: Integrity — We nurture a culture of transparency so we can deliver on our promises, and we take responsibility for our actions and our results. "Kathy voices her opinion to make our products a better fit for our customers, giving open and honest feedback," Rake said. "Her customer commitments and relationships drive her actions and customers trust her word."
- Chad Martin. Core value award: Balance — We see the bigger picture, contribute to our community, and encourage a balanced and rewarding life beyond work. "In his work, Chad tirelessly and selflessly supports the training and development of his team," Rake said. "Outside of work, his balance in life for his family is reflected in that he makes coaching and participating in sports and community activities a priority."
Watanabe, Cruz, Ragona and Cooper all work out of the Vernon Hills headquarters, while Carter is based in Texas and Martin in North Carolina.
For more information about ETA/Cuisenaire, visit www.etacuisenaire.com.
About ETA/Cuisenaire | www.etacuisenaire.com
Headquartered in Vernon Hills, Ill., ETA/Cuisenaire is recognized as the pioneer of manipulative and hands-on education. Across the preK-12 curriculum of math, science and reading, the company’s research-based products and programs support educators and make partners of parents to engage students, improve their performance, and inspire a lifelong love of learning.
Thompson Drake Public Relations
541.322.9345 | office • 541.419.4471 | cell